Volusion was founded in 1999, and still empowers thousands of merchants across the globe to run their businesses online. However, it is slowly losing its ground due to innovative features present in Magento CMS. That’s why Ecommerce merchants are taking a keen interest in migrating from Volusion to Magento 2. In addition, Volusion lacks some innovative features like, third-party extensions, scalability, and performance which are easily available provided by the Magento platform. You can easily start an e-commerce store but you will need to switch to something more robust once your business expands. Below, we have discussed Magento 2 migration services to provide a detailed guide on how to synchronize data between the two platforms. Let’s start with a small introduction about Volusion and then compare it with Magento before moving ahead.
Introduction to Volusion
Starting an e-commerce business with Volusion is an easy job but the problem is that it lacks features like Magento. Having responsive themes and a comprehensive site builder, an online selling store can be created in minutes. No coding skills are needed. That is one of the most important requirements most merchants have. They don’t prefer spending time and money building an online storefront. And don’t forget about powerful e-commerce features provided out-of-the-box. Besides, there is a collection of payment solutions. At the same time, you can connect with hundreds of powerful apps and integrations adding advanced functionality to your website.
How to Migrate from Volusion to Magento 2?
The following section explains how to migrate from Volusion to Magento 2 in the easiest possible way. It also discusses how to synchronize the data flow between the two platforms. While the most evident way to migrate from Volusion to Magento 2 is to use services of Magento developers using import tools. The default import and export instruments are very few and will never help you complete the migration. By default, you cannot automate data transfers in the Magento admin. That’s why it is important to consult external agencies to run the whole Volusion Magento 2 migration.
Several parameters are important for streamlined data transfers between Magento 2 and Volusion. Next, it should be able to automate data transfers. In addition, your solution should fix the problem of different standards. The only Magento 2 extension that combines all these features is the Improved Import & Export extension. Let’s see how to import any data from Volusion to Magento 2 in a few clicks using data file transfers or API connections.
Migrate from Volusion to Magento 2 via Data Files
1. First export products, orders, customers, catalog, and other entities in XML format from your Volusion website. If the specific functionality is not provided by default, you have to Hire Magento 2 Developers for appropriate migration.
2. Next, import data files to the Magento 2 website with the support of the Improved Import & Export extension. Build a new import job under System -> Improved Import / Export -> Import Jobs in the admin.
3. Configure General Settings, Import Settings, Import Behavior, and Import Source:
• In General Settings, mention a job title and configure different parameters.
• In Import Settings, select an entity that should be moved from Volusion to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export extension will help to transfer Products, Categories, Customers, Advanced Pricing, Orders, Attributes, Cart Price Rules, CMS Pages and Blocks to your Magento 2 website. Some of them may comprise of additional features. Hence, you can eliminate product associations or old categories for products in the Import Settings section.
• In Import Behavior, select one of the available import behavior options. Next, choose a validation strategy perfect for the Magento 2 Volusion migration and add separators.
• In Import Source, choose an import file type and file source. Build up other parameters, upload a data file, and just validate it.
• Match Volusion attributes to ones used in Magento 2. It can be performed using a mapping preset or the extension’s matching grid.
Make sure to create a separate import job for each entity. Else, you won’t be able to complete the Volusion Magento 2 Migration. Contact Magento 2 development company to get more information and they will help you run the migration on the basis of data files.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the benefit of using your Magento 2 migration service?
We are an experienced & reputed agency with years of experience on Magento ecommerce. You work with dedicated & professional Magento developers who will perform Volusion to Magento 2 migration without losing any data.
2. What will happen if I don’t migrate to Magento 2?
Magento will not release any security patch for Magento 1 platform as of writing so there will be huge risk of security breaches and you won’t be getting benefits of amazing features of latest version of Magento.
3. How much time needed to migrate to Magento 2?
It can take starting from couple of days to couple of weeks depending on the website complexity and earlier version set up. Our developers can audit your Volusion website and offer a complete road map for migration.
4. Will it affect my current website SEO rankings?
Your keywords ranking will not get affected if you avail our professional SEO services. Our team has developers to maintain your website SEO rankings with Magento 2 Migration.
In short, if you have not migrated from Volusion to Magento 2, it is the right time as Magento is way more competitive and convenient for ecommerce site owners. With Magento Marketplace you can install extensions and enjoy seamless functionalities to boost your sales and traffic in just no time. You can get reliable & robust Ecommerce solutions from the development agency keeping all requirements in mind.