The Magento development team released Magento 2.3.5 version on 28th April, 2020. This release consists of both Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source with more than 180 functional fixes and over 25 security improvements. The latest version of the Magento eCommerce development platform introduces significant platform upgrades, security patches, and performance improvements.
We, as a leading Magento 2 development company suggest updating your current Magento 2 store to the latest version as the new update features will significantly boost the performance of your Magento site and help you stand out from the rest of the competition.
Additionally, Magento has fixed 46 issues reported by community members including GitHub community, developers, and agencies. If you’re planning to invest in a Magento 2 development company, Magento 2.3.5 version provides immense opportunities to create a powerful Magento eCommerce site for your business.
In this article, we will discuss the new features and upgrades offered by Magento 2.3.5.
1. Platform Upgrades
The following platform upgrades focus on improving website security and performance:
• Elasticsearch 7.5 supports both Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source
• Deprecation of the core integration of the signified fraud protection code
• Deprecation of core integration of third-party payment methods
• Upgrade of Symfony Components
• Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework to the Laminas Project
These platform enhancements are backward compatible so you can continue using the current code.
2. Performance Boosts
• Better customer data section invalidation logic
• Several optimizations to Redis performance
3. Important Security Enhancements
The latest version provides security-related code fixes and improvements. The Content Security Policies release a set of new security tools for magento ecommerce development services. By implementing these policies, you can take advantage of extra protection. The session ID from URLs has also been removed.
4. Infrastructure Improvements
This Magento improvement provides enhancements to core quality that improves the quality of Framework and modules which includes PayPal, Sales, Elasticsearch, Catalog, CMS, and Import.
The PayPal Pro payment option now works properly in the Chrome 80 browser.
Magento static builds comes integrated with a PHPStan code analysis check.
5. Inventory Management
The improvements in the Inventory Management upgrades include:
• New extension point available for SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider.
• Can view allocated inventory sources from the Orders list.
With the new release, you can now use products and category list queries to obtain information about products and categories added to a staged campaign.
7. PWA Studio
PWA Studio 6.0.0 consists of both new features and improvements to current features:
• Release of the PWA extensibility framework
• Improved caching logic and data fetching
• Shopping cart components
• Engagement cloud integrated with Magento B2B
• Importer performance enhancements
9. Google Shopping Ads Channel
With the release of Magento 2.3.5 and 2.3.4-p1, the Google Shopping Ads Channel bundled extension has reached its end-of-life and is no longer supported. Alternative extensions are available on the Magento Marketplace.
10. Other Major Fixes
Below are some of the issues fixed by the latest Magento 2.3.5:
• Improved Adobe Stock integration
• Bundle product prices can now be calculated accurately on product pages.
• Cache – When you enable Use Secure URLs on Storefront, frontend cookies are now set as expected and Secure Base URL is set to HTTPS.
• Cart and Checkout – Cart Price Rules based on payment methods are now applied during the checkout workflow.
• Catalog – Filtering on the Admin product grid website column now works properly
• Cleanup and simple code refactoring – Improved misalignment of the View Details label for configurable products in the order summary of the checkout workflow.
• Configurable Products – Additional validation logic to the Create new value input field of the configurable product creation workflow
• Cron – bin/Magento cron:run -v no longer fails if the database name exceeds 64 characters, instead creates a shorter name.
• Custom Customer attribute – Magento now shows custom customer address attribute values properly in the address section of the checkout workflow.
• EAV – The Update Attribute action now correctly updates the timestamp of a product’s updated_at column from catalog_product_entity if you update the product from the Admin edit product page.
• Frameworks – Dependencies on Zend Framework have been moved to the Laminas project to show the transitioning of the Zend Framework to the Linux Foundation’s Laminas Project.
• Import/Export – When Cron is enabled, Magento can now successfully import customer data using the Customer and Addresses (single file)) option, and the Customer Grid Indexer is set to Update By Schedule.
• Index – The partial indexer is not removing stock data incorrectly any more while updating at least 1000 products.
• Newsletter – The preview template feature now works appropriately.
• Reviews – Magento now turns off the Submit Review button after the user clicks the button once.
• Sales – Order queries have been refactored to minimize the size of the dataset returned, and the frequency of the queries.
• Search – Filtering results do not include out-of-stock options anymore when you filter configurable products in a category.
• Shipping – Magento will now print shipping labels as a .pdf file when you select Print Shipping Label from the Action drop-down list from an order in the order archive list.
• Sitemap – The partial sitemaps listed in the sitemap index will have the right URL
• Store – Customer sessions will now continue as expected when a customer logs in to a store, adds items to the shopping cart, and then switches to a new store in a multi-store deployment.
• Swagger – An informative console error will no longer be displayed by Magento when you navigate to the Swagger index page.
• Swatches – Online merchants can now easily add color swatch attributes to products with the help of the Visual Swatch option.
• Tax – Magento is now able to perform VAT calculations correctly in all stores in a multi-store deployment.
• Testing – Magento static builds have been integrated with a PHPStan code analysis check.
• Theme – Product names will not get translated if their text matches a global key.
• Translation and locales – Special price range settings (from/to dates) now work properly for administrator accounts with the help of a Dutch locale.
• UI – Radio buttons for shipping methods will be available in the checkout workflow.
• WYSIWYG – The WYSIWYG editor will now work efficiently on Internet Explorer 11.x.
In present times, many merchants are now planning to build online stores by investing in Magento ecommerce design and development services for the best possible results. As the latest Magento 2.3.5 brings many new features and enhancements of current features, building your online store on this solid eCommerce platform will give a good start to your business journey.
As a reliable Magento 2 development company, we offer magento ecommerce design and development services using the latest designs, features, technology, and trends to make a future-proof Magento 2 store for eCommerce businesses.
Simply hire Magento 2 developers from us and share your requirements, and our Magento 2 development team will build a robust, high-performing, and secure Magento store for your retail business.
1. Will the functionality of my online store be the same after I upgrade to Magento 2.3.5?
The latest Magento 2 Open Source offers better features and functionality than the older version. However, the same functionality can be retained by installing Magento extensions.
Hire Magento 2 developers from us and they will help you with fast, secure, and smooth Magento 2.3.5 upgrade.
2. My online store is not on the Magento platform. Can I still migrate to Magento 2 version?
Yes, our team of Magento migration experts has experience in migrating stores from various platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc. to Magento 2 platform.
3. Do you provide post-migration or upgrade support?
Yes, you can avail our Magento 2 support and maintenance services as per your business requirements.