Magento is a renowned CMS to build online stores more than 200,000 e-shops are powered by this remarkable CMS. The major reason behind its popularity is the cutting-edge functionality and the open-source code. This means entrepreneurs can build powerful online store along with the ability to scale when business grows.
The CMS is a popular target of hackers because of its linkage to money transactions. That’s why the Magento Developers started to release security patches to eliminate the possibility of any platform vulnerabilities. But the most prominent was the availability of Magento Security Scan tool. In this blog post, we’ll cover all information about Magento Security Scan and show how to start using it right away. After all, you don’t want to lose the customers’ personal details or have your website blocked by search engines because of being hacked.
What is the Magento Security Scan Tool?
The objective behind Magento Security Scan Tool is to monitor Magento websites on a regular basis and provides numerous security tests. The tool performs a complete check of the ecommerce website security, comprising missing patches and configuration process checks. With this security practice in place, the user gets timely reports regarding malicious activities that take place in a store.
Benefits of Security Scan Tool
• It is Secure
• Easy to use
• It is free to avail
• Can be scheduled as per the convenience
• Reports configuration issues & gives suggestions to fix them
• Gives information about what you have done right
• Does not hamper the store performance during the scan
• It maintains a history of security reports
1. Registered Account in Magento
2. Online Store
3. Admin Access to the Store
What is the Configuration Process of Magento Security Scan Tool?
The configuration process is done after Magento security patch installation within the ecommerce website.
1. Open Magento home page and log in to your Magento account > Next select the Security Scan option > Read the Terms and Conditions and Click Agree.
2. Once redirect to the Monitored Websites page, next click on the Add Site button.
3. Make sure you are the owner of the website domain.
Steps for Magento 2 Configuration
1. Click Content > Design > Configuration. Next in the Action column, click Edit next to the website.
2. For integration of the given code to the HTML head, expand the HTML Head. Enter the code in the Scripts and Style Sheets field.
3. Once you’re finished, click Save Configuration.
How Merchants will benefit from Magento Security Scan Tool?
• Details regarding the real-time security status of their ecommerce store and how to fix possible vulnerabilities.
• Over 25+ security tests to find out possible vulnerabilities, including missing patches, configuration issues, and failure to follow security best practices.
• Security reports of their Magento websites, so that they can track and monitor their progress over time.
• Scan results that clearly reveal which website passed and failed.
• Scheduling of scans for specific, recurring dates/times, and/or on-demand.
• Suggested remediation steps for each failed security test.
Apart from using the Magento Security scan tool, you can hire Magento 2 developer to implement the best security practices:
1. Update Security Patches
The first step to secure your site is to routinely monitor for the latest security patches. Patches are constantly released to address vulnerabilities found in the CMS platform. By upgrading Magento website to the latest version, will help keep your website secure from possible vulnerabilities and hackers.
2. SSL Certificate
The main objective behind SSL Certificate is to encrypt the data that is shared between servers and websites. Encryption is the method to change the data into code to stop unauthorized access. This secures the data between the two with a HTTPS connection. Websites not using a secure connection are susceptible to vulnerability. In Magento 2 ecommerce systems, this data comprises personal information like credit card details. HTTPS ensure that this information stays secured when communicating between servers and websites.
3. Customize the Admin URL
The standard URL path to access Magento 2 admin panel is like website.com/admin. Because the /admin path is basic information amongst hackers, setting this to a custom path is an added way to stop people from attempting to access the backend administrative dashboard of your Magento website. This path can be set by the Magento website developer to anything you’d like.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Magento cloud-based?
Magento Cloud Edition is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution. It is basically designed for Magento 2, and its flagship commerce platform. It works on AWS Cloud and has been built to operate feature-rich online stores.
2. How much does it cost to develop a Magento ecommerce website?
The costs of building an ecommerce website vary widely, as per your needs. If you need an engaging & secure online store with basic features and storefront, costs are comparatively lower.
3. What is Magento Ecommerce?
Magento is a PHP-based open-source ecommerce development platform. It offers merchants a flexible online store, and complete control over the look, content, and the functionality. It is used by business enterprises of all sizes across the globe.
4. How secure is Magento 2?
Magento 2 provides a basic warning system for store owners whenever a break-in attempt is detected this system is inadequate and vulnerable to brutal attacks. Store admin can be put in a passive situation and not be able to deal with this security issue.
We hope you’ve come across the importance of checking Magento security patches. The important thing is that the Security Scan tool makes it easy to streamline and automate the process. The applying patches require specialized knowledge, thus consult Magento 2 Development Company for streamlined work. It is the perfect decision to make and the professional developers are competent in this field.